WATER SMART QUICK FACTS
- Prescottwatersmart.com – http://www.gardensoft.com/ online garden gallery and plant portfolio.
- 8PM to 8AM watering ordinance in affect April 15th to November 1st annually.
- Allowing water to run into the street or onto adjoining property is unlawful in the City of Prescott Code; Section 3-10-10. Report a violation at http://www.cityofprescott.net/services/code/
- Water Smart Program web site and credit applications: http://www.cityofprescott.net/services/water/conservation.php
- Gardening Ideas – Water Smart – Prescott Outdoor Living Garden Portfolio: http://www.prescottwatersmart.com/
Additional questions may be directed to the City of Prescott – Water Smart Conservation Coordinator, Shaun Rydell by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-777-1645.
Seasonal 8pm to 8am Watering Ordinance
Outdoor watering which uses spray or other airborne irrigation shall be permitted only between the hours of 8pm to 8am. The only exceptions to the ordinance are:
- Situations as determined by the Public Works Director that involve serious hardships
- Landscape watering systems utilizing low volume drip irrigation
- Watering for the purpose of sustaining commercial, resale plant stock
- Newly planted landscapes, for 90 days from date of installation, allowing irrigation to establish material
- Temporary, supervised checkup and service of watering systems
- Supervised maintenances of fields, parks or other places used for public festivals and events
Quick Find Links
- Water Conservation Code
- Report Violations' - Water Waste or Time of Day Violations
- Utility Service – current water and sewer rates
- AzMet - Local Weather Station – Prescott data and reports
- Conservation regional water awareness handbook
- Yavapai County Extension Service – Backyard Gardener, Firewise and Native Plants , Master Gardeners