Choose a category below (Special Events, Trekabout, Special Needs), or Senior Olympics to see upcoming Parks & Recreation programs & events. Also, don't miss the Events Calendar to learn about even more programs and events going on throughout the City of Prescott.
Prescott's Great Outdoors - Outdoor Recreation Festival & Expo
Saturday, October 11th, and Sunday October 12th, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Watson Lake Park - 3101 Watson Lake Rd., Prescott
- Cody Lundin, Founder, Aboriginal Living Skills School, LLC and star of Dual Survival providing educational sessions on Saturday, with a special small class for pre-registered individuals.
- Live music on the lawn with the talented Mogollon, and Big Daddy D and the Dynamites on Saturday, and The Cool Water Band, and Ashley Wineland on Sunday.
- The 300-foot fly-wire (zip-line), plus a four-person rock climbing tower
- Many great displays and exhibits by Arizona Game & Fish Department, to include live creatures from the Adobe Mountain Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- An expanded two-day fishing component featuring a netted cove with stocked fish, with funding provided by Prescott Kiwanis
- Prescott Astronomy Club and telescopes for Saturday evening's night-sky program until 8:30pm
- Adventure Recreation by Tierra Wild
- An expanded Expo with the latest in watercraft, ATVs, bikes, camping gear, and much more
- Canoe and kayak rentals, camping, boating, disc golf, and a few surprises
- Activities for the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act by Prescott National Forest
- Food vendors
- Organization booths and business booths
- Sponsors and volunteers are needed
For information, contact Eric Smith at (928) 777-1590 or Kelly Tolbert at (928) 777-1558.
Parks & Recreation Special Events Application
Per City Code 8-9 the City of Prescott welcomes a wide variety of special events. If you would like to hold a special event within the City of Prescott, please read the drafted Special Events Policies and Procedures Manual then print and fill out the Special Events Criteria Form below. Once your date is approved a special event application will be sent to you with all coordinating forms needed for your event. All Special Events are subject to approval by the Special Events Committee. If you have questions please call Michelle Stacy-Schroeder at (928)777-1552.
- City Code for Special Events (pdf, 2366.6 kb)
- Criteria Form (pdf, 64.3 kb)
- Event Policy and Procedure (pdf, 10910.7 kb)
- Special Event Application (pdf, 642.5 kb)
Special Events Applications Review
Cooperating agencies can review the special events applications below (password protected)
- Dogtoberfest (pdf, 5566.3 kb)
- Historic Prescott All Corvette Car Show (pdf, 1406.7 kb)
- Kids Costume 5k (pdf, 5906.5 kb)
- Marching Band Fest (pdf, 6644.7 kb)
- Mile High Brewfest (pdf, 1559.2 kb)
- Ocktoberfest (pdf, 8083.7 kb)
- Outbound Sundown (pdf, 5482.2 kb)
- Pow Wow (pdf, 9038.8 kb)
- Pumpkin Patch (pdf, 9376.2 kb)
- UV Splash 5K Run (pdf, 1969.9 kb)
- Wonderschlautt (pdf, 9270.2 kb)