Code Enforcement is dedicated to protecting the public health, safety and welfare, while ensuring every citizen the right to a clean, enjoyable neighborhood by enforcing the City of Prescott's codes and ordinances.
The City of Prescott strives to achieve voluntary compliance with City Codes through a process of notification and education, however, where voluntary compliance cannot be achieved, the Department has procedures to address public nuisances including, but not limited to, removal of junk and rubbish, abatement of junk vehicles through civil enforcement procedures, criminal prosecution and civil penalties of up to $2500 per day.
Many people are not exactly sure what to do when they have a compliant regarding a possible violation. What we advise is to first talk with your neighbor or the property owner. Politely explain the situation and ask for their cooperation in resolving the problem. If your good neighbor effort fails, contact us (anonymously if desired) in one of two ways:
- By using our Online Complaint Form (below)
- By calling our complaint line at 928-777-1207
When you call, be prepared to provide the following information:
- The specific type of Complaint or nuisance.
- Your name and telephone number, so we can call you back if were not in the office (unless you would prefer to remain anonymous).
- Provide the exact location of the problem. We will need the house number and street name. If there is no address, then provide as much information regarding the location (e.g. Northwest corner of Main and First).
- Provide a brief description of the violation or complaint.
- If your complaint is regarding a vehicle, then provide the license plate number, make and model, and color of the vehicle. State if the vehicle is on the street or private property. Vehicles parked in the street will be referred to the police department.
- If your complaint is regarding debris, then provide a brief description of the type of debris. Examples of debris are car parts, building materials, old tires, garbage and the location where these items are stored on the property.
- If your complaint is regarding an on-going activity rather than a physical violation, then provide us with a description of the activity, when it is occurring and the day and times it occurs.
2012 Code Ammendments
Compliance Complaint Form
Please use the form below to submit a Compliance Complaint. Fields marked with a star () are required.